SHR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
SHR Laser Hair Removal is a pain-free method of permanent hair removal. This painless and pleasant treatment is the safest option currently available for all skin types. Renewed Laser uses the most advanced technology that delivers long-lasting results.
We are highly trained in permanent laser hair removal and are proud to offer one of the best non-clinical treatments on the market.
How does SHR Laser Hair removal work?
The SHR system represents a huge step forward for hair removal procedures through Phototherapy. The system combines laser technology and the benefits of pulsating light to get painless results.
SHR is designed to cause long-lasting damage to target hair follicles. More gentle than IPL, short and gentle energy pulses directly target the hair follicle. When the targeted follicle is treated in the anagen, or growth stage the result is permanent hair removal of this specific hair.
How long will my treatment take?
The treatment itself can take as little as 10 minutes! A facial treatment will take 15 minutes, on average. Both legs will take up just 30 -45 minutes of your lunch break. As we are open early some days of the week and late on others, we can fit seamlessly around your schedule. Ideal!
How many treatments are needed?
Usually, from 6 to 10 treatments are needed in 2 to 4-week intervals for long-lasting success. As we are all individual some people achieve results in 6 treatments and for others 12 treatments may be necessary.
A 2 to 4-week regime is essential in the beginning as the SHR treatment will catch the hair in it’s active stage of re-growth. Near the end of the treatments, a 6 to 8-week interval is observed as your hair growth slows down.
One to two maintenance visits a year will sustain results.
This will be discussed with you upon initial inquiry as we like to ensure our clients are fully informed of all aspects when it comes to the treatments we offer.
Will it hurt?
The treatments with SHR technology are entirely pain-free, even in the most sensitive areas. The sensation is a pleasant warmth similar in temperature to a warm bath and no pain is experienced.
Is laser hair removal suitable for everyone?
SHR is one of the only treatments available that is suitable for all skin types. This method involves heating and cooling as opposed to follicle exposure to extremely high-intensity pulses. It works well for fair-haired people as well as red-haired people. The procedure is suitable all-year-round. As with all systems, results may vary from one patient to another.
Is It Safe?
Through intensive clinical studies, SHR has been proven to be the safest method of light-based hair reduction. Melanin in dark skin is exponentially more sensitive to the heat used in laser treatment and the SHR method has been clinically proven to be safe for dark skin types. This makes SHR the safest phototherapy hair removal option no matter your skin type.
How much will SHR Laser Hair Removal cost in Truro?
A micro area like your upper lip costs just £12 and underarms just £30 per session. Have a look at our price page for more detail. SHR prices And keep an eye on our Facebook page for special offers!
What preparation is required before my treatment?
For the treatment to be as successful as it possibly can be, there are a few things to do in preparation.
- Shaving is required the day before your treatment. Please allow at least 6 hours between shaving and the appointment time.
- Avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing, and all epilation other than shaving for the duration of your course of treatment. For the best results, please start this regime two weeks before. Depilatory creams should not be used for seven days before your session.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for a minimum of three days before treatment.
- Please do not use self-tanning creams for two weeks before treatment.
- Do not use essential oils or perfumes on the area 48 hours before your booking.
- Cold sore medication can be taken five days before and five days after treatment if you are susceptible to cold sores.
- Should you be on antibiotics, it is recommended to leave a fortnight gap between taking them and starting treatment.